We know every first home buyer is different, so KiwiBuild homes are designed for New Zealanders at different ages and stages in life.
To be eligible to buy a KiwiBuild home you will need to:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Resident Visa holder who is ‘ordinarily resident in New Zealand’
- be a first-home buyer or ‘second chancer’
- have an annual income that is less than $120,000 if you are intending to buy on your own
- have a combined income that is less than $180,000 if you are intending to buy with more than one person
- intend to own and live in the home for at least one year for a studio and one-bedroom home, or three years for a two-bedroom and larger home.
You may also be eligible as a ‘second chancer’ if you are a previous home owner but no longer own a home, and meet all other criteria.
You can find out more by reading our Eligibility Criteria Guide [PDF 105KB]