KiwiBuild is designed to give more New Zealanders the opportunity to buy their own home.
In order to be eligible to buy a KiwiBuild home you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Resident Visa Holder who is 'ordinarily resident in New Zealand'
- not currently own a home in New Zealand or overseas
- have an individual income that is $120,000 or less per year (before tax) for a single buyer; or
- have a combined income that is $180,000 or less per year (before tax) for two or more buyers.
You will also need to commit to living in your KiwiBuild home for a minimum period of time before the home can be rented out or sold:
- at least one year for a studio or one-bedroom home; or
- at least three years for a home with two-bedrooms or larger.